Welcome to NCRGEA!
Welcome to NCRGEA! Our site is dedicated to providing you information about the North Carolina Retired Governmental Employees’ Association (NCRGEA) and its membership benefits. We also provide the latest information about your retiree benefits, health insurance and other information of importance to you. If you are already a member, you can now enjoy the access to an electronic version of our bi-monthly newsletter, Living Power, and our Legislative Reports, issued each week that the General Assembly is in session.
If you are not yet a member of the NCRGEA, we invite you to join us. Information about membership enrollment is listed under "Become a Member" . Our ranks are 60,000+ and growing!
As always, we welcome your comments regarding ways we can improve our communications and members services.
See what a membership with NCRGEA can do for you.
Current Retiree News
- State Treasurer Dale Folwell talks about the State’s Retirement System and State Health Plan
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Governmental Retirees Association Next Meeting is February 28
- A Message from your NCRGEA President
- The Lake Case – November Hearing Summary
- 2017 Medicare Open Enrollment Period Underway
- Recovering Lost Document and Records
- Social Security Announces 0.3 Percent Benefit Increase for 2017
- Important Information for BCBS Medicare Customers
- Living Power – State Treasurer Candidates Questionnaire Clarification
- SECU Announces New Shred Dates
The primary mission of the North Carolina Retired Governmental Employees’ Association is to advocate for the collective interests of our members. A large part of this effort involves active lobbying of the General Assembly. The Association seeks to keep members informed on legislation affecting retirement benefits and to encourage members to express their views on these important issues to their state Senators and Representatives.
There are quite a few benefits to being a member of our group and the North Carolina Retired Governmental Employees' Association is always looking for ways to not only help but enhance the quality of life for our members. From medical and health benefits to informative newsletters that keep you in the know, district meetings and a strong and powerful voice in Raleigh – our 60,000+ retired local and state governmental employees have joined together and enjoy the many benefits of their NCRGEA membership.