Welcome to NCRGEA!
Welcome to NCRGEA!
Our site is dedicated to providing you information about the North Carolina Retired Governmental Employees’ Association (NCRGEA) and its membership benefits. We also provide the latest information about your retiree benefits, health insurance and other information of importance to you. If you are already a member, you will now enjoy the access to an electronic version of our bi-monthly newsletter, Living Power, and to our Legislative Reports, issued each week that the General Assembly is in session.
If you are not yet a member of the NCRGEA, we invite you to join us. Information about membership enrollment is listed under "Become a Member" . Our ranks are 60,000+ and growing!
As always, we welcome your comments regarding ways we can improve our communications and members services.
See what a membership with NCRGEA can do for you.
Current Retiree News
- NCRGEA Executive Director’s Interview Regarding Retiree COLAs
- Understanding COLAs: North Carolina Cost of Living Adjustments for State and Local Government Retirees Not Keeping Pace with Inflation
- We Have True Value in our Public Servants
- NCRGEA Exec. Director Speaks to Media about Possible Retirement System Changes
- Richard Rogers: No need to fix a retirement plan that’s working
- State Health Plan Offers Information Sessions on Becoming Medicare Eligible
- NCRGEA Executive Director Interview on TimeWarner Cable News 2-17-2016
- Amplifon Hearing Health Care – February 2016 Newsletter
- NCRGEA Letter to State Health Plan Board of Trustees
- State Health Plan Board of Trustees Meeting on February 5, 2016
The primary mission of the North Carolina Retired Governmental Employees’ Association is to advocate for the collective interests of our members. A large part of this effort involves active lobbying of the General Assembly. The Association seeks to keep members informed on legislation affecting retirement benefits and to encourage members to express their views on these important issues to their state Senators and Representatives.
There are quite a few benefits to being a member of our group and the North Carolina Retired Governmental Employees' Association is always looking for ways to not only help but enhance the quality of life for our members. From medical and health benefits to informative newsletters that keep you in the know, district meetings and a strong and powerful voice in Raleigh – our 60,000+ retired local and state governmental employees have joined together and enjoy the many benefits of their NCRGEA membership.